Sunday 9 September 2012

The perfect fry-up? What's in yours?




My husband lovingly made me a lovely fry-up when I was slightly hungover. It was fantastic, just what I needed! It got me thinking though, what makes the perfect fry-up? I would love to know what items are a must-have, and what are big no-nos! Please leave your comments below, let's see what is popular and what is not :)

Mine has egg, beans, fried mushrooms, sausage, bacon, lorne sausage & a slice of fried haggis! The only thing missing was some wholemeal toast with butter or fried bread.

6 comments:

  1. Must haves - bacon, beans, scrambled eggs and brown toast. Extras pork sausages! No to tomatoes and black pudding! Best hangover cure ever, fry ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrambled eggs (so maybe mine isn't strictly a fry-up!), mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans, black pudding and brown sauce. Plus a strong mug of tea! And followed by toast and marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - I LOVE tomatoes and black pudding; really good bacon and mushrooms too. Not a fan of fried eggs either - scrambled or poached please. And defintiely tea toast and marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried bread. No beans or tomato. DH likes black pudding, so will eat if it's there, but can do without quite happily. Can't remember the last time I had a fry-up though. Oh, and coffee with. (Heretick!)

    ReplyDelete