Thursday 27 September 2012

Slow Cooker Ribs



I nipped into Morrisons last night when I dropped off Little Bee off for her dance class, and found they had ribs on special offer. I managed to buy enough ribs (half a rack each) for £2.50! The glaze I created from store cupboard items, and knocked up a quick batch of homemade coleslaw. You can find that recipe here. I left the slow cooker on low all day (about 6 hours) and these came out meltingly soft! The meat just fell away from the bones - just how I like my ribs. I can't wait to make these again, and experiment with glazes. I love the Dr Pepper ribs, but they were chewy compared to these - I might use the sauce but pop them in the slow cooker.

What do you use your slow cooker for?

2 racks of ribs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
4 crushed garlic cloves

Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Pop the ribs into the slow cooker, and pour over the glaze/sauce. Set to low and allow to cook for around 6 hours. Turn the ribs every 2 hours, to coat them in the glaze.

Serve with corn cobs, coleslaw & onion rings (or your own favourite side dishes).

2 comments:

  1. I don't use my slow cooker enough but am determined to use it more - I've got a good meatball reciope, and otherwise, it's casserole - but these ribs look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! We were given a slow cooker for our wedding and have never used it (despite always planning to). I think I shall drag it out and try this. I adore ribs, and your recipe looks great!

    Love the idea of trying 3 new recipes a week too.

    E-Gusta

    ReplyDelete