Thursday 20 September 2012

Brown Butter & Sage Chicken Spaghetti



I stumbled across this recipe, and had to try it! It is quite rich with butter, but so, so tasty. It really made up for last nights disaster (chicken tikka masala by Lorraine Pascale, did not like it!). This is quite a quick dinner to put together, and uses just a few ingredients. I have a lovely sage bush growing in my garden, so had fresh sage to hand. I would really recommend growing your own herbs, I just buy the potted herbs from the supermarket & plant them in the garden. This recipe serves 2 people, and would be lovely with some fresh garlic bread on the side.

2 chicken breasts, chopped
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
5/6 fresh sage leaves
2 tablespoons butter
Olive oil

Enough spaghetti for 2 people.

Heat some of the oil in a large frying pan, and cook the chicken until golden & cooked through. Remove from the pan & set aside.

Add a little more oil, and cook the onions & mushrooms until caramelised. This will take about 10-15 minutes on a medium heat. Stir occasionally. Remove from the pan & add to the cooked chicken. Halfway through this time, start cooking your spaghetti.

Melt all the butter in the frying pan, and add the sage leaves. Cook the foaming butter until the butter starts to brown, but not burnt. Add the drained pasta & mix through. Add the onion, mushrooms & chicken, heat through & serve in warm bowls.


3 comments:

  1. hi jen,
    just stumbled across your page while searching for a lorraine pascale recipe. this recipe looks fab and i will be giving it a try. i just wanted to ask you about growing your own herbs. do you need to plant them into any special soil and do you need to water regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaz!

      Hope you enjoy the recipe!

      I didn't plant mine in any special soil, I just dug up a part of my garden :) I dont water them either, we get enough rain here. I think I may post about my herb garden this weekend, so look out for it x

      Delete
  2. The sage gave this meal a lovely taste.

    ReplyDelete