Monday 17 September 2012

Chicken Tarragon Crumble



I love chicken in a creamy tarragon sauce, and someone on my Facebook page had posted about having chicken crumble, so I decided to combine them both. I have some love tarragon growing in my garden, just perfect for this recipe. It was quite a hearty meal! I love stodge on a lazy Sunday afternoon though.I served it with new potatoes and baby carrots.

Serves 4
 450g chicken breasts
300 ml creme fraiche
300 ml chicken stock
Handful fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 tablespoon of dried)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 medium onion, diced finely
About 10 mushrooms, sliced
Salt & pepper to season

Crumble topping -
80g plain flour
40g butter
Salt & pepper

In a large frying pan, melt the butter & add the olive oil of a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts on both sides until golden. It doesn't matter if they are cooked through at this point. Remove from teh heat, allow to cool and chop roughly into bite size pieces.

Using the same frying pan & oil, fry the onions, garlic & mushrooms until softened. Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Add the tarragon & season with salt & pepper. Remove from the heat and add the creme fraiche, and stir through.

Preheat the oven to 200c. In a large casserole dish, add the chicken & pour over the sauce & mix. Make your crumble topping my rubbing the flour & butter together with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.  Top the chicken mix in the casserole with the crumble. Pop into the oven for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment