Sunday 16 September 2012

Calzone & Pizza



I used some of my no-knead bread dough to make calzone for the childrens lunch. They didn't turn out quite as I expected! I think I rolled the dough too thin, so they split open. The kids still devoured them though! You could fill them with any sort of fillings that you would use on a pizza - we had sliced chorizo, tomato sauce & mozzarella. After seeing how the calzone came out, I made just flat bread pizzas (using the same dough) for our lunch. I love how many uses the dough has, while it just sits in my fridge! I have enough left for another loaf of bread or some rolls before I whip up another batch.

To make the calzone, roll out a handful of the no-knead fridge dough into a circle, Spread with pizza sauce, and top with your filling on one side only. Fold the empty side over the filling, and crimp the edges with your fingers. Pop onto a baking tray and put into a preheated oven (200) for 15 minutes. For pizza, roll out the dough and top with sauce & toppings. Also cook on a baking tray for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment