Wednesday 26 September 2012

Feta, hummus & courgette flatbread pizza



I am now on my 3rd batch of no-knead bread and I am still loving it! Today I used some to make a base for a flatbread pizza. This made the most delicious pizza I have ever eaten! I was wary about using hummus as a base sauce instead of tomato, but it really worked. This had a wonderful Greek taste to it, no flavour was over powering, they all just worked together to make a very tasty flavoured pizza. I will be making this again, and very soon! I had a friend over for lunch who seemed to really enjoy it too.

A hand full of no-knead dough or your own pizza base
100g hummus
100g feta cheese
10 or so cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small courgette, cut into thin strips with a veg peeler
3 mint leaves
Balsamic glaze to drizzle
Salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 200c. Prepare your pizza base. If you are using the no-knead dough, roll out it quite thin & pop onto a slightly oiled pizza stone or baking tray. Top with the hummus, and spread to the edges. Add the tomatoes and courgette and season. Crumble the feta all over the top & then put into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven & add chopped mint & then drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Cut into slices & serve with a rocket salad.

1 comment:

  1. TO MY WONDEFUL FOOD GURU!I JUST LOVE WOT YOU DO

    Wow where do i start this women is fantastic i just love your blog please please dont ever stop it i really need it. In fact i can see a book being written about your brilliant recipes some day soon so watch this space. I have tried some of your recipes, look forward to trying even more. As for your new pizza well my mouth was in heaven so mouthwatering with all those lovely flavours was 1 of my favourite pizza's. In fact i could have easily been sitting in Greece the taste was amazing. I am fortunate, lucky enough to have tasted and sampled some of your wonderful creation. Also feel very honoured to have done so, look forward to many more in the future as am sure their will be as not only are you a very talented cook but also your are a very dear and great freind too, sure our friendship will last a lifetime love always and a devoted follower xxxxxxx Debbie

    ReplyDelete