Wednesday 16 May 2012

French toast

There is always a discussion in our house about the difference between eggy bread & French toast. My view is that eggy bread is savoury, French Toast is sweet. Today I really really fancied some, but didn't have time to make some for breakfast. The Wee Man & I had soem for lunch instead, just what I needed after my morning aerobics! This is just a quick, simple recipe but it does taste good! If you want it crispier, pop it under the grill after frying.

2 slices of bread
2 eggs
2 teaspoons caster sugar
Dash of milk
Knob of butter for frying

Mix the eggs, milk & sugar together, and then soak the bread in the mixture (both sides). Heat the butter in a frying pan, and then add the bread. Flip after a few minutes. Once both sides are cooked, either serve as it is or pop under the grill to crisp it up a little.
Mix

1 comment:

  1. never done French toast - it's always eggy bread in our house. I love it.

    ReplyDelete