I made some delicious homemade pesto today, especially to try out this recipe. Well, I have to say, it was a success! All the kids liked it, loved it in fact. I have one poorly daughter tonigth though, so she had a cornetto for dinner (tonsilitis). Im sure she would have loved this though, I will make it again when she is feeling better. You can use any breadcrumbs, but I love Panko so used those. They are Japanese breadcrumbs, I use them for Katsu curry, you can find the recipe here. I used to travel to the nearest city to buy them from the Asian supermarket, but Tesco sell them now! I served our chicken with green beans and hassleback potatoes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Homemade pesto recipe here
- 85g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g breadcrumbs , I used Panko
- 175g baby tomatoes
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Mix together the pesto and mascarpone, then carefully spoon a quarter of the mixture into each chicken breast and smooth over the opening to seal.
- Brush a little oil, about 1 tsp, all over each chicken breast and season well. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a large plate and season. Place each breast on the plate and press all over with the breadcrumbs. Place in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish along with the tomatoes Drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken starts to turn golden and is cooked through.