Friday 3 August 2012

Pork Medallions in Sage & Onion Sauce

Pork tenderloin was on special offer in Morrisons, so I bought one without knowing what I was going to do with it! I looked at a few recipes, and cobbled together my own version. I love onions & mushrooms, so had to include those. Sage always works well with pork, so it seemed natural to include that. It was quite tasty, I will certainly make it again.

Serves 2

1 pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon olive oi1
1 teaspoons butter
1 onion, sliced
100g button mushrooms, halved
1 garlic clove, minced
200ml chicken stock
Pinch of dried sage
Salt & Pepper to season
Chopped parsley to garnish 

Slice tenderloin into 1/2-in-thick medallions. In a frying pan, brown pork in oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same pan melt the butter. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the stock and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for a few minutes to reduce slightly. 
Lay pork medallions over mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment