Sunday 15 July 2012

Marinated Cucumber

I have been eating a lot of salads lately, but cucumber always seems so boring! I was flicking through the River Cottage Veg Everyday cookbook, and found this simple recipe for jazzing up cucumber. It was such a nice change, I will be doing this more often! I grow mint in my garden, so always have some fresh to hand. The rest is just store cupboard items.

1 medium cucumber
Tablespoon bunch fresh mint
Tablespoon olive oil
Teaspoon cider vinegar
Salt & pepper to season

Top & tail the cucumber, then peel. Chop in half, then slice those into halves length ways. Chop into chunky half-moons. Mix the olive oil, vinegar & mint, and add the cucumber. Thoroughly mix, season & leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Stir again then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment