Tuesday 31 July 2012

Creamy Masala Chicken

This is great if you fancy a quick, last minute curry. My husband found the sauce quite rich, but I loved it! So tasty, and with quite a kick to it. I would miss out the fresh chilli if I was serving this to children! I love when I stumble apon a recipe that I have all the ingredients for already in the fridge/cupboard. I am definitely going to make this again. Serve with rice/naan.

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cubed(or use breastmeat)
3cm piece fresh root ginger , peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves , chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
2 tbsp fresh coriander , chopped
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion
1 red chilli
1 tsp ground turmeric
284ml carton double cream
juice of ½ lemon

Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl. Stir, and set aside. Chop the onion, and seed and chop the chilli.
Heat a large shallow pan. Tip in the chicken and marinade and fry for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the onion and chilli for 3-4 minutes until just soft. Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute. Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Season and stir in the lemon juice. Serve with rice and naan bread.

1 comment:

  1. I showed this recipe to my Mum (Dad loves a curry) and she has made it lots of times. She used coconut milk instead of cream and it's become a firm family favourite.

    ReplyDelete