Tuesday 31 July 2012

July Foodie Penpals reveal!

Foodie Penpals is a great idea that I found over at Rock Salt. You are given a penpal for that month, make up a parcel of food goodies and send them on. You get a box from another penpal on the list - and everyone is happy! If you would like to take part, head on over to This Is Rock Salt to sign up!

So, this was my goody box this month! This was sent the lovely Victoria (I'm not sure if she has a blog!). Most of it has been eaten already :D This is what I got ....

Dorset cereals Honey Granola - very tasty! I hope I can buy larger boxes of this!

Caramel laces from Ikea - Yummy! The kids helped me scoff these. We were almost fighting over them.

Plantain crisps - I have wanted to try plantain for ages - I cant seem to buy them in our small town. When I opened the bag, it looked like dried banana chips so I think my brain expected them to taste sweet. These were salted though, and made a lovely savoury snack.

Red & Green Thai Paste - Made a lovely Thai green curry with one jar, I am hoping to make a red Thai curry with the other soon. I love Thai flavours.

Coconut bar - Mmmm this was so tasty! No-one got to share this with me ha ha.

Minestrone Mix - Its not really the weather for soup just now, but I do plan to make a big pot when the weather is expected to turn lousy next week. i will blog about it when I do!

Ginger & spring onion sir fry paste - Haven't used this yet, but no doubt will soon! Cant decide between prawns & chicken though.

So a huge thank you to Victoria for my lovely goodies!

 I got to send Hannah at http://hannahdoeshealthy.blogspot.co.uk/ this month!

2 comments: