Thursday 11 October 2012

Fettuccine Alfredo



I think this must be one of the quickest meals I have ever made! It was so tasty too, I can't wait to make it again. It is very simple, but oh-so-naughty! There is a lot of butter in this, but I think thats what makes it taste so great. There are only a few ingredients, so it may sound boring but believe me it tastes amazing. I added some fried onions & mushrooms with a touch of garlic for some extra flavour. Serve with a side salad or some nice bread.

 18 oz. fresh fettucine
 10 button mushrooms sliced
1 onion, finely sliced
Aproximately 3/4 cup pasta water
200g butter, cut in small cubes
200g grated Parmesan Cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped

Heat a little butter (teaspoon) in a wok or large frying pan. Lightly soften while you cook the fresh pasta for 2 minutes in boiling salted wtaer. Drain the pasta, reserving almost a cup of the water. Tip the water plus the rest of teh butter into the pan, and bring to a boil. Add the pasta & toss. Add the parmesan, and stir through until all melted & the pasta coated.  Scatter with parsley & serve immeadiately.


No comments:

Post a Comment