Monday 8 October 2012

BBQ Pork Burgers



I had some pork mince to use up, so I thought I would be inventive and make BBQ flavoured burgers. Big Bee hated them, but the rest of us enjoyed them. Quick &easy to make, and I love BBQ flavour so this was right up my street. Popping them in the freezer for an hour helps them to keep their shape while cooking without having to add breadcrumbs/eggs as binders. Serve with finely diced onion & sliced gherkin on top for that McDonalds feel.

To make 4 burgers

400g pork mince
Salt & pepper
Teaspoon sugar
BBQ sauce ( I use Heinz honey barbecue)
4 burger buns

Mix the mince with your hands, adding the salt, pepper & sugar, Form into 4 equal patties, wrap & freeze for 1 hour.

Heat some oil in a large frying pan. Fry the burgers on both sides until cooked through. Add a spoonful of bbq sauce to one side of the burgers, then flip & cover the other side with sauce. Cook for another minute each side.

Serve in the burger buns with onion, gherkin or salad. Add extra BBQ sauce if liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment