- 100g (3½oz) butter, melted
- 250g (9oz) digestive biscuits
- 100g (3½oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
- grated chocolate
- 20cm (8”) loose-bottomed cake tin, greased
- To make the base, process the biscuits until crushed. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½") up the sides of the tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously. When the caramel has started to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the biscuit base. Cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas, fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the caramel base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.