Friday 4 February 2011

Chicken Pakoras

This week, I bought myself a few bags of herbs that I needed to try out some new recipes. One of the herbs I bought was fenugreek leaves. I love the smell of them! I stuck my nose in the bag and took a deep breath - mmmm! It's such a deep wonderful smell, the aroma that hits you as you walk into an Indian supermarket.

I bought the fenugreek leaves  to add to my pakora batter. I've made pakora's before, but used fenugreek seeds instead (by accident) and they did not taste right. This time, they were perfect! I have eaten loads, and I am suitably stuffed now :)






Serves 2

2 chicken breasts
1 tsp veg oil
1 teaspoon garlic & ginger paste
2 tsps tomato puree
2 tsps lemon juice
pinch of salt


125g gram flour
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 large hadfull fresh chopped coriander
2 tsps cumin powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
120 ml water

Oil for deep frying

Chop the chicken into bitesize pieces. Add the veg oil, garlic/ginger paste, tomato puree, lemon juice & pinch of salt, and mix thoroughly. Put aside.

Combine the gram flour, fenugreek, spices, salt & caoriander in a large bowl. Slowly add the water until the mixture is thick like double cream. Add the chicken, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.

Cook the pakoras in batches, for 5-6 minutes each. Try not to over crowd the pan. Remove from the oil & drain on kitchen towel.

1 comment:

  1. oohh i only had pakoras with dinner last night I might have to try making them

    ReplyDelete