Saturday 15 September 2012

Cheese & Egg Tartare open sandwhiches


I wanted a nice, tasty topping for the bread I made, see here. Watching re-runs of the River Cottage tv show, and saw this interesting idea. Cheese topped with an egg tartare, or fancy egg mayo, on top. He always makes things look so tasty, I had to try this. I loved the egg tartare, but I really didn't like it with the cheese - this is probably because I am not a cheese lover. I would definitely have it again,minus the cheese.

2 slices of nice bread (i used my own homemade bread)
Cheese, sliced

2 eggs, boiled, shelled & roughly chopped
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 gherkin, finely chopped
1 or 2 spring onions, sliced

Mix the eggs, mayo, gherkin & spring onions together. Top your bread with the cheese, then the egg tartare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment